Launch Your Healthcare Career in 2023!
CCC’s Medical Assistant Program Starts 1/23/23
What better time than the New Year to take the first step towards something better? You don’t have to feel stuck in your current job – you can get started right now with career training for a potential new career. If you want a career you can feel passionate about, a career that will make you and your family proud, then a career in the healthcare field might be a good choice for you! With Central Coast College, you can get the training you need to pursue a potential career as a medical assistant in as few as 46 weeks. Why wait any longer to gain the skills you need to take the first step towards a better career, and a better life? The Medical Assistant program at CCC is enrolling now and courses begin 1/23/23!
Healthcare workers are essential, and medical assistants are critical to our healthcare system. Medical assistants work directly with patients and with other healthcare workers, providing critical support and assistance to nurses, physicians, and doctors. As a medical assistant you may work in doctor’s offices, hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes, and other healthcare settings. These important healthcare workers are in demand across the country, and the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics projects this field will continue to grow over the 2021-2031 decade at an incredible rate of 16% annually. If you have a passion for helping others, and are looking for a hands-on, patient-centered healthcare career, medical assisting could be right for you!
Medical assistants are responsible for both administrative and clinical tasks, and students in Central Coast College’s Medical Assistant program learn the essential skills to enter the job market with confidence. Under the guidance of experienced, professional instructors, students learn to perform both clinical and administrative tasks. CCC students learn:
- Greeting patients and answering telephone calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Verifying patient information and health insurance
- Updating and filing patients’ medical records
- Recording information in medical recordkeeping systems, such as the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
- Completing and filing paperwork such as surgical permission forms, health check forms and insurance paperwork
- Preparing the examination rooms
- Preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies
- Measuring patients’ vital signs
- Administering medications and injections
- Collecting and preparing specimens of bodily fluids and tissues for laboratory testing
- Preparing the patient for any scheduled procedures, and answering any questions they may have regarding the procedure
Central Coast College’s Medical Assistant program is a diploma program that can be completed in as few as 46 weeks. Graduates of the Medical Assistant program receive their Certificate of Completion, Medical Assisting diploma, and are prepared to test for the nationally-recognized MA certification.
What are you waiting for? Start your New Year with training for a new healthcare career! With career training from Central Coast College, in Salinas, California, you can gain the skills you need to launch a rewarding career in healthcare in 2023. Take the first step towards a career that will make you and your family proud, with training from Central Coast College. Medical Assistant courses begin 1/23/23, and courses are enrolling now! Call (831) 424-6767 or get started here today!