The healthcare industry is filled with opportunities in a number of exciting occupations. If you are seeking a rewarding career in an industry that continues to see tremendous growth, a career as a Medical Administrative Assistant could be a great choice for you!
With training from Central Coast College, you can get the training you need for a rewarding healthcare career in as few as 48 weeks!
At Central Coast College, our Medical Administrative Assistant program is designed to prepare students to work in the essential field of administrative healthcare. Medical Administrative Assistants are critical allied healthcare workers, performing important administrative duties in the offices of doctors, medical clinics, and hospitals. This 48-week program provides students with intensive training emphasizing medical accounting, billing, and record keeping, office procedures and equipment, computer skills and keyboarding, and healthcare fundamentals. Students also receive real-world on-the-job experience through an Externship.
In the Medical Administrative Assistant program, you’ll learn:
- Medical Terminology and Anatomy
- Medical Office Procedures and Equipment
- Medical Record Keeping
- Electronic Medical Records and Computerized Medical Management Systems
- Medical Insurance Billing
- Introduction to Medical Coding
- PC Fundamentals in Microsoft Word and Excel Programs
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
Graduates receive a Certificate of Completion, and are prepared for careers in positions that may include:
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Records and Health Information Technician
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Information Clerk
- Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerk