The business world is filled with opportunities, and every business needs a qualified and competent office accountant. If you have an eye for detail and like working with numbers, a career in Accounting could be a great choice for you!
With training from Central Coast College, you can get the training you need for a successful accounting career in as few as 48 weeks!
At Central Coast College, our Computer Specialist: Accounting program is designed to prepare students to work in both large and small businesses in many industries including agriculture and tourism, as well as non-profit and governmental organizations. This 48-week program provides students with intensive training emphasizing application of accounting principles, application of workplace computer skills, office procedures and equipment, keyboarding and ten-key skill building, and critical written and oral communication skills. Students also receive real-world on-the-job experience through an Externship.
In the Computer Specialist: Accounting program, you’ll learn:
- Accounting Principles (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll)
- Manual and Computerized Accounting Environments
- Accounting Theories with Hands-on Practice
- Workplace Computer Skills in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel
- Computerized Spreadsheets
- Word Processing
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
Graduates receive a Certificate of Completion, and are prepared for careers in positions including:
- Accounting Clerk
- Auditing Clerk
- Bookkeeping Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Accounts Receivable/ Accounts Payable
To learn more about accounting jobs, duties, and median pay, click here. To learn more about how you can get started on your path towards a rewarding business career with training from Central Coast College, Click here to request additional information
Call (831) 424-6767 to start your Computer Accounting: Specialist training today!