Call (831) 424-6767

Search

+
Get to Know our Nursing Assistant Program, with our Featured Student Spotlight Series

Are you interested in training for a career as a nursing assistant? If so, Central Coast College offers an excellent training program that can be completed in as few as just 5 short weeks! At CCC, you’ll find a focused career training program, achievable in a short amount of time, and designed to prepare you with the competitive skills you need to confidently enter the job market. Why should you choose Central Coast College for your career training? Students come to CCC for a supportive community culture, practical, skill-based training, and career placement assistance. Check out this installment of our Student Spotlights series, featuring CCC Nursing Assistant student Andrea Gil, to learn more about CCC, our 5-week Nursing Assistant diploma program, and why so many students just like you choose Central Coast College for their healthcare career training. Get to know us better, with this edition of our Featured Student Spotlight Series.

Andrea Gil, Nursing Assistant (CNA) program

Andrea came to Central Coast College to pursue a better career, and a better future for herself and her family. Although she had some trepidation about enrolling in school after being in the workforce for several years, she knew she wanted better for herself and her children than a minimum-wage service job could provide. She wasn’t disappointed in her choice! Andrea says, “I had so much fear going into this course because I hadn’t gone to school since 2017. I do not regret taking it one bit. I had worked at Jack In The Box for 3 years and I wanted to make a difference for my future and my kids’ future. My experience at CCC was AMAZING! I had the BEST instructor (Sarah Pobre), she will teach you everything you need to know and more. My only regret is not taking it sooner.”

Andrea’s instructor, Sarah Pobre, chose Andrea for the featured student spotlight because she was so impressed by Andrea’s dedication. Pobre says, “I chose Andrea for a student spotlight because her story touched my heart deeply. Andrea dedicated herself to setting her goals and achieving them to benefit her household. It was her compassionate soul and empathetic manner that drew me in. I am so proud of Andrea for achieving everything she has. I have the pleasure of continuing to work with her as a professional at one of our clinical sites, Windsor The Ridge, and I couldn’t be more proud of how amazing she is with her patients. Truly an amazing soul!”

The Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program at Central Coast College

Central Coast College’s Nursing Assistant (CNA) program teaches students the skills they need to become practicing, state certified nursing assistants in the State of California. Learning from dedicated, experienced instructors, students in CCC’s Nursing Assistant program learn the practical skills they need to enter the job market with confidence. CNA students learn patient care, safety, anatomy, physiology, nutrition, asepsis, body mechanics, rehabilitation and restoration care. The Nursing Assistant program can be completed in as few as just 5 weeks, and graduates receive a Certificate of Completion, Nursing Assistant diploma and are prepared to take the California state licensing exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. 

Graduates of Central Coast College enter the job market with confidence, backed by the support of CCC’s Career Services department. The Career Services department provides every student with a wide range of career support services, including resume writing assistance, job searching and networking, interviewing skills, and comprehensive job placement assistance. While the school cannot guarantee employment upon graduation, CCC instructors and Career Services staff consistently seek to assist students with employment opportunities prior to and after graduation. At Central Coast College we are committed to offering both a quality educational experience, and individualized job placement assistance, so graduates can utilize the knowledge and skills they have gained to successfully enter their chosen career fields.

Students like Andrea choose Central Coast College for their career training because CCC offers focused training programs that can be achieved in a short amount of time, a supportive community culture, and hands-on competitive skills training to prepare graduates for the reality of their future careers. If you are ready to take the next step towards your career as a Nursing Assistant, Central Coast College in Salinas, California is here to help you make it happen! Why should you choose CCC for your nursing assistant training? With CCC, you can gain the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you need to enter the healthcare field with confidence. Call 831-424-6767 or click here to get started today!

Posted in: Education